Garlicky Kale Salad & Turkey Burgers

In continuing with my real food way of living I wanted to share with you two of my favorite recipes! I hate to say none of them are my own either! This was my dinner tonight and it was fabulous! Nutrient dense so extremely filling! If it wasn't so late I'd add reasons, research and data to explain why I use different ingredients, for instance grapeseed oil over canola (throw the canola out!) but alas I am still recovering and should be in bed right now. It's been a busy day so I'll post a pic and the recipes. And please pardon the cut burger, I had to make sure it was done and did so before taking a snapshot.


If you make these please let me know and be sure to visit the blogs associated with each! Enjoy!





Dr. Axe's Turkey Burgers

  • 2 lbs ground turkey
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 2 tsp Bragg's liquid aminos (this is basically Soy Sauce but a healthier option)
  • 2 tsp cumin (I usually add more)
  • 2 tsp curry powder (I add more)
  • sea salt & black pepper
  • 1 Tbsp grapeseed oil



Place ground turkey in a bowl and mix with Bragg's and seasoning. Form into patties. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook burgers until done. About 4 - 5 minutes on each side (depending on thickness). Serve burgers over Kale salad. OR top with sliced avocado and roasted red peppers.




Whole Foods Garlicky Kale Salad (adapted by Eating Bird Food)
Inspired by the Whole Foods salad bar



  • 1/2 bunch raw kale, washed, de-stemmed and dried
  • 1 T tahini
  • 1 T apple cider vinegar (or water)
  • 1 T lemon juice
  • 1 T Bragg’s liquid aminos (tamari or soy sauce would work too)
  • 2 T nutritional yeast
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic (1 – 2 cloves of garlic)
  • sesame seeds, to taste as garish (optional)
  1. Break or cut kale into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl.
  2. Puree all ingredients except kale and sesame seeds in a blender or food processor to blend the dressing.
  3. Pour dressing over kale and massage into the kale with your hands until all pieces of kale are coated.
  4. Let the salad sit in the fridge for an hour or so to marinate. You can skip this step if you need to eat right away, but allowing some time to marinate will wilt the kale a bit and make it a little more palatable – particularly for those who are skeptical of eating raw kale.
  5. Sprinkle on some sesame seeds before serving if so desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment